Owner of The Myers Law Group, LLP
Angella H. Myers is the owner and managing partner of The Myers Law Group and focuses her practice on Labor and Employment law. She handles insurance defense referrals and represents both large and small businesses in general and civil litigation as well as employment issues.
Primary Focus & Experience
Ms. Myers' legal career began in Lafayette, Louisiana at Pries Kraft, and Roy, where she worked as an associate attorney for three years. It was here that she first started assisting clients with employment law matters and extensive litigation work, including work in excessive force/police brutality cases.
After relocating to Dallas in 2000, she joined a well-established Texas firm. Licensed in both Louisiana and Texas, Ms. Myers quickly took up advocating for businesses with 100% focus on issues relating to labor and employment.
By 2006, Ms. Myers decided it was time to create something new. Coming from a family of business owners, she recognized the absolute need to provide companies of all sizes with superior legal services.
The firm remains small in size by design to ensure businesses receive the attention they deserve from experienced litigators. The results remain large.
Ms. Myers takes a passionate approach to representing her clients. She personally handles matters, starting with sensitive employment issues. Angella Myers counsels' clients on steps to avoid problems before they turn into more significant issues.
From defense at the administrative level before the EEOC, TWC, DOL and OSHA to trial in complex business litigation, Ms. Myers provides her clients with sensible solutions. She advocates for amicable resolution whenever it proves the best option. But, she aggressively and successfully litigates matters in both state and federal court where amicable resolution is not possible or desired.
Represented numerous companies in:
- Workforce reductions/termination of employment
- OSHA investigations
- DOL investigations/wage and hour issues
- EEOC investigations
- Ensuring best practices are in place to avoid claims involving Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, etc.
- Drafting and implementing company policies including non-fraternization policies, where needed
- Investigation of embezzlement, harassment/retaliation, and other critical company issues
- Daily advice on all employment law issues including ADA, ADEA, Title VII, FMLA, etc.
- 10.15.19 – SPEAKER for InSource Insurance – Employer Seminar – An informative and educational seminar regarding unique exposures to businesses.
- 07.24.19 – Member – Women's Business Enterprise National Council – Southwest
- 02.15.19 – Employment Law Seminar – Topic: Employment Law Updates on Sexual Harassment, ADA & FLSA
- 10.19.17 – Moderator for the PLUS EPL workshop in “Hot Issues in Employment Law” in Dallas, Texas.
Other Professional Activities/Associations Speak at CLE and private functions on Employment Law:
- “Who you Calling Sweetheart?”
- “What Every Manager Must Know”
- “The ADAAA”
- “The ABCs and 123s of Employment Law”
- “Employment Law 101 for Managers”
- “Signs, Signs Everywhere a Sign”
- B.A., Business Administration, Louisiana State University
- J.D., Louisiana State University
- Louisiana – 1998
- Texas – 2000
Admitted to Practice
- All Courts, State of Texas
- All Courts, State of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Louisiana
- State Bar of Texas
- Labor & Employment Section
- Dallas Bar Association