Mark Carver is a Louisiana attorney who practices in our New Orleans office. His primary areas of practice include employment law, complex civil and commercial litigation, and casualty defense.
Primary Focus & Experience
After 21 years of distinguished service, Mr. Carver honorably retired from the US Army Reserves in 2006 at the rank of Major where he most recently served as JAG Officer in the Judge Advocate General's Corps.
In addition, since 2003 Mr. Carver has volunteered as an Assistant Bar Examiner for the Louisiana Supreme Court's Committee on Bar Admissions. In 2009, New Orleans City Business Magazine honored Mr. Carver by recognizing him as one of the top 50 attorneys in the New Orleans area and presented him with its Leadership in Law award.
With this unique background Mr. Carver has an extensive knowledge and understanding of the law about meeting the needs of the client.
- Numerous presentations on Servicemembers' Civil Relief Act, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, Estate Planning, and Military Justice.
- Presentations on Employment Law to professional organizations.
Awards & Recognition
- Graduated Cum Laude from law school and in the Top 10% of his class.
- Named one of the Top 50 lawyers in New Orleans by New Orleans City Business Magazine, 2009.
- Numerous military awards and honors, including U.S. Army Commendation Medal, U.S. Army Achievement Medal, Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Army Reserve Overseas Training Ribbon, Armed Forces Reserve Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, Marksmanship Badges, and Commandant's List and Honor Graduate of Officers' Basic Course.
- B.A. Criminal Justice, Louisiana State University
- J.D., Southern University (cum laude; top 10% of his class)
- Louisiana – 1993
Admitted to Practice:
- All Courts, State of Louisiana
- The United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana, and the United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit and D.C. Circuit.
- Member of Louisiana Bar Association.
- Assistant Examiner for Louisiana Supreme Court Committee on Bar Admissions.
- Member of ABA Committee for Liaison with EEOC, OFCCP and Department of Justice.
- Past President, St. Ann Catholic Church Men's Club.
- Past Chairman, St. Ann Catholic Church Pastoral Council.
- Past Grand Knight, Knights of Columbus Marquette Council No. 1437.
- Member, Knights of Columbus Bienville Assembly No. 314 (4th Degree Knight).
- Director, Marquette Home Building and Improvement Association.
- State Membership Director and State Program Director, Louisiana State Council Knights of Columbus.
Other Personal Background Information and Interests
- Website Administrator for several non-profit websites.