Carol Stephenson, P.C. is a Partner at The Myers Law Group in the Dallas office; and Carol represents business interests, including general business matters, business litigation, and employment law.
Primary Focus & Experience
Ms. Stephenson began her career with Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, L.L.P., upon receiving her law degree. She became a partner in 1988 and left Akin Gump in 1993 to join colleagues in a new firm. She ultimately joined The Myers Law Group at its formation in 2010.
In addition to her 35 years' experience in private practice, Ms. Stephenson gained invaluable insight into litigation through teaching for more than 25 years at Southern Methodist Dedman School of Law and the National Institute of Trial Advocacy.
Recognition & Accomplishments
- Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court, Barrister, 1993-1996
- B.A., English (Summa Cum Laude) University of Texas at Dallas 1978
- J.D., Southern Methodist University 1981 (Cum Laude; The Order of the Coif)
- Texas 1981
Admitted to Practice
- All Courts, State of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and Tenth Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern District of Texas
- Trial Advocacy Instructor, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, since 1989
- Faculty Member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Deposition Program, since 2003
- Co-Team leader, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Deposition Program, 1998-2003
- Faculty Member, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, National Program, 1995
- Team Leader, Louisiana State University Law Center Trial Advocacy Program, 1994
- “Getting Professional Help: Why Contractors and Independent Consultants Need Lawyers,” 45 Technical Communication No. 1 (1998) (with Judith L. Glick-Smith)
- State Bar of Texas